you can work with a shop-registered agent or broker to enroll in small business health options program (shop) insurance.
IMPORTANT: Looking for a SHOP-registered agent or broker?
- Find Local Help: to find one in your area.
- Help On Demand: from an agent or broker.
Getting help from an agent or broker
shop-registered agents and brokers can provide help with shop insurance — from comparing plans to helping you enroll. specifically, they can help you:
- Determine if your business is
- Understand the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
- Apply for SHOP coverage
- Review and compare plans and features
- Help employees learn about your coverage offer
- Enroll in a plan
- Manage and update your coverage after you’re enrolled
- Handle renewals and plan changes
in general, you won't pay more if you use an agent or broker.
Note: If you're not using an agent or broker, you can enroll through your insurance company.
Choosing an agent or broker
- Work with your current agent or broker: You can continue working with your agent or broker as long as they're registered with SHOP.
- Find a new agent or broker: and check the box for small businesses, and you’ll see a list of SHOP-registered agents and brokers in your area. You can also enter your contact information on the tool and an agent or broker will reach out to you.